Website Terms and Conditions
"You" are the person accessing, viewing or otherwise using this site. Victoria University ("VU") agrees to your use of the site on the following terms and conditions.
- Your use of the site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If you do not agree with any of the terms or conditions, leave the site immediately.
- The features and content of the site will change from time to time. All new features and content will be covered by this agreement.
- VU may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. The revised terms and conditions take effect from the time that they are posted on this site. Your use of the site will be subject to the terms and conditions that are applicable at that time. It is your responsibility to know the terms and conditions applicable to the use of the site at any time.
Use of site
- VU maintains this site for your convenience, information and communication.
- You may view the site using your web browser and electronically copy and print hard copies of the material for research, educational purposes and other non-commercial purposes only.
- Any other use of the content of the site is prohibited.
- The only exception to the prohibitions on the use of this site or its content is if VU gives you written authorisation for a specific act.
- You must fully reference any of the content that you use for a permitted purpose. This includes copies of articles, excerpts from and paraphrasing of any part of the content.
- You will need a login name and password to visit secure areas within the site. You must ensure that passwords are kept confidential and not misused.
- This site and its contents are subject to copyright. Copyright is owned by VU or third parties.
- The reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, communication to the public, republication, display or performance of the content of this site is prohibited unless expressly permitted above.
- This site contains registered and unregistered trademarks that are protected by law. Your use or misuse of these trade marks is prohibited.
- Access to, and use of, this site is at your own risk. The site may contain errors, faults and inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. It is provided to you on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- VU makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site, the information, content, materials or products included in this site, except as otherwise necessarily provided under applicable laws.
- VU will not be liable for any damages, including loss of profits, business interruption and the loss or corruption of data or other information, arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of this site. This limitation applies to direct, indirect, consequential or any other type of damages that you or any other person may suffer.
- This site may contain links to external websites. Such links are provided for your convenience only. VU is not responsible for the content of external websites and does not endorse that content. Your use of those external websites is governed by the terms and conditions that apply to your use of those websites.
- VU cannot guarantee that any file or program associated with this site is free from viruses or any other thing that could damage or interfere with your data, software or hardware with which it might be used.
- Use of this site is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia.
- Disputes arising from your use of the site are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.
- The site may be accessed by users throughout Australia and overseas. VU makes no representations that the contents of this site complies with the laws of any country outside Australia.
- You are responsible for complying with the laws applicable in the place that you access the site.
- VU is committed to protecting your privacy. VU's Website Privacy Statement forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Cookies are small text files placed on your hard drive by a web page server and cannot be executed as code, or deliver viruses. They track your path through the site. Each cookie delivered to your computer is uniquely yours and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.
- Cookies are essentially your identification card for the site and are used to authenticate you as a registered user. Without "cookies enabled" you will not be able to utilise the full functionality of the site.
Material you provide
- Except for any information that VU expressly requests, any ideas, remarks, questions, data, graphics or the like which you send to VU through this site, will be deemed non-confidential. VU will be entitled to use or disclose this information in any manner it chooses, without liability or notice to you.
- Do not send to VU anything that is offensive, pornographic, defamatory or unlawful. If you do so, VU will immediately revoke its licence to you and you are not permitted to use the site. VU may take whatever actions it deems appropriate, including forwarding such material or reporting your provision of such material to any appropriate authority to deal with.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, then that part will be severed from these terms and conditions (unless such severance causes the terms and conditions to operate in a manner inconsistent with the original terms and conditions). The remainder of this agreement will continue in full force.