VET (Vocational Education and Training) in Schools (VETiS) allows secondary students to gain practical skills in a specific industry while undertaking the VCE or VCAL.
Programs are typically completed over one or two years and provide students with a qualification or partial completion of a nationally recognised certificate.
Victoria University Polytechnic has delivered VET in Schools for more than 10 years in partnership with 150 secondary schools in Melbourne’s west.
Our programs are taught by industry-experienced practitioners in world-class training facilities, and often include a workplace-learning component.
From 2019, there's an additional supplement from the State Government for government schools purchasing VETiS courses on the Skills First Course list through TAFE’s, including Victoria University Polytechnic. Visit the State Government website for more information.
VETiS programs and benefits
VETiS programs contribute directly to the VCE and VCAL and most contribute towards the ATAR score.
Other advantages for students who take part in our program include:
- gaining industry experience and employability skills
- creating a pathway to further study (certificate, diploma qualifications) at TAFE
- opportunities to develop effective relationships with industry employers
- enhancing knowledge of employer and workplace expectations
- developing the capacity for teamwork and leadership.
The following programs are offered for 2019.
VETiS programs for 2019
- Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance (VCAL)
- Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance (VCE scored)
- Certificate III in Beauty Services
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificate II in Building and Construction Pre-apprenticeship (Bricklaying)
- Certificate II in Building and Construction Pre-apprenticeship (Carpentry)
- Certificate III in Community Services
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology Studies (Pre-Vocational)
- Certificate II in Hospitality
- Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- Certificate III in Make-Up
- Certificate III in Music Industry
- Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- Certificate II in Salon Assistant
- Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
Apply for 2019
Victoria University Polytechnic can also assist with delivery of courses at schools using our teaching staff and resources.
VET in Schools
Victoria University Polytechnic
PO Box 14428
Melbourne VIC 8001
Phone: +61 3 9919 7760
Fax: +61 3 9919 8817