VET (Vocational Education and Training) Delivered to Secondary Students(VETDSS) allows secondary students to gain practical skills in a specific industry while undertaking the VCE or VCAL.
Programs are typically completed over one or two years and provide students with a qualification or partial completion of a nationally recognised certificate.
Victoria University Polytechnic has delivered VETDSS for more than 12 years in partnership with 150 secondary schools in Melbourne’s west.
Our programs are taught by industry-experienced practitioners in world-class training facilities, and often include a workplace-learning component.
VETDSS programs & benefits
VETDSS programs contribute directly to the VCE and VCAL and most contribute towards the ATAR score.
Other advantages for students who take part in our program include:
- gaining industry experience and employability skills
- creating a pathway to further study (certificate, diploma qualifications) at TAFE
- opportunities to develop effective relationships with industry employers
- enhancing knowledge of employer and workplace expectations
- developing the capacity for teamwork and leadership.
The following programs are offered for 2021.
VETDSS programs for 2021
- Certificate III in Beauty Services (SHB30115)
- Certificate II in Building and Construction – Pre-apprenticeship Carpentry (22338VIC)
- Certificate II in Civil Construction – Pre-apprenticeship (RII20715)
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113)
- Certificate II in Hospitality (SIT20316)
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media & Technology (Coding)
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media & Technology (Cyber Security)
- Certificate II in Kitchen Operations (SIT20416)
- Certificate III in Make-up (SBH30215)
- Certificate III in Sport and Recreation - Fitness stream (SIS30115)
VET Delivered to Secondary Students
Victoria University Polytechnic
PO Box 14428
Melbourne VIC 8001
Phone: +61 3 9919 7760
Fax: +61 3 9919 8817
Email: [email protected]