Victoria University is an Australian government registered provider of tertiary education.
Victoria University as constituted in accordance with the Victoria University of Technology Act 1990 as in force immediately before its repeal on 1 September 2010 continues in existence under the Victoria University Act 2010 ("the Act") which commenced operation on 1 September 2010.
The Victoria University Act 2010
To view the most up-to-date version of the Victoria University Act 2010 (Vic) go to Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents site and follow these steps:
- click on "Victorian Law Today"
- at the top left hand corner select "Acts" and the letter "V"
- scroll down and select "Victoria University Act 2010"
- click on the PDF or Microsoft Word icon.
Senior Secondary Education – VCE & VCAL
The Victorian Registration and Quality Authority (VRQA) is the state regulator for Victoria’s school education sector. VRQA regulates all providers of senior secondary education to ensure approved quality standards are met.
Principles & practice of Australian democracy
Victoria University Polytechnic is committed to the principles and practices of Australian democracy in all its operations:
- Elected government
- The rule of law
- Equal rights of all before the law
- Freedom of religion
- Freedom of speech and association
- The values of openness and tolerance.
Victoria University’s registration for the provision of Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) and the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) is valid until 31 December 2019.
Course performance reports
Standard 4: Participation rates, completion rates, student outcomes and access to further education and work after leaving the program.
- 2019 VCE program performance report (uploaded January 2021)
- 2019 VCAL program performance report (uploaded May 2020)
- 2018 VCE program performance report (uploaded July 2019)
- 2018 VCAL program performance report (uploaded July 2019)
Vocational & Further Education
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) is the national regulator for Australia's vocational education and training sector.
ASQA regulates courses and training providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are met.
Victoria University is registered with ASQA and is due for re-registration on 30 June 2022. Details of VU's Registration with ASQA can be viewed at training.gov.au (TGA).
Victoria University's organisation details:
- RTO Code: 3113
- Legal name: Victoria University
- RTO type: University - Government
- ABN: 83 776 954 731
- ACN: 079 529 089.
Vocational Education and Training quality indicators
Victoria University conducts a learner questionnaire designed to measure several areas of education and training, as per national guidelines.