The Western Melbourne English Program (WMEP) offers foundation courses for students from non-English speaking and English speaking backgrounds. Our English language and general education certificates are designed to improve your skills in reading, writing, speaking, listening and numeracy. Skill development in each program also covers digital literacy.
Get help with your application
We can help you apply for your English course.
Or visit us Monday–Friday | 9am–4pm. Locations:
- Footscray Nicholson Campus Building D, Level 4, Room D411
- Werribee Campus Building 1A, Room 1A144 / 1A155
- Sunshine Campus Building W, Room W1111
- St Albans Campus Building 10, Room 10.214
Australian applicants, please bring:
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian passport
- Medicare card (green)
- Australian citizenship certificate.
Non-Australian applicants, please bring:
- New Zealand passport
- Australian visa (in passport)
- current concession card.
Preparing for a bright future
"The best thing about my course and being at VU is that everyone here is friendly and I can get help whenever I need it. VU has got the best teachers and students ever."
Benjamin Bwenge - Certificate IV in EAL (Access) 22487VICBenjamin's story
Courses offered in the WMEP
- Course in Initial EAL 22482VIC
- Course in EAL 22483VIC
- Certificate I in EAL (Access) 22484VIC
- Certificate II in EAL (Access) 22485VIC
- Certificate II in EAL (Employment) 22488VIC
- Certificate III in EAL (Access) 22486VIC
- Certificate III in EAL (Further Study) 22491VIC
- Certificate III in EAL (Employment) 22489VIC
- Certificate IV in EAL (Access) 22487VIC
- Certificate IV in EAL (Further Study) 22492VIC
- Certificate IV in EAL (Employment/Professional) 22490VIC
Australian Defence Force Preparation Program
Offered only at VU Polytechnic, this course delivers an alternative pathway into the Australian Defence Force, for candidates who:
- Did not complete Year 10
- Do not have evidence of their educational achievement.
On completing the program you will have gained the reading, writing and mathematics skills required to successfully sit the Alternative Education Equivalence Scheme (AEES) examinations.
22473VIC Certificate II in General Education for Adults
|VU22415||Engage with a range of complex texts for employment purposes|
|VU22414||Engage with a range of complex texts for learning purposes|
|VU22420||Create a range of complex texts to participate in the workplace|
|VU22419||Create a range of complex texts for learning purposes|
|VU22422||Investigate and interpret shapes and measurement and related formulae|
|VU22424||Investigate and use simple mathematical formulae and problem solving techniques|
For further information please contact:
Footscray: +61 3 9919 8748
St Albans: +61 3 9919 2924
Sunshine: +61 3 9919 7211
Werribee: +61 3 9919 7521
Email: [email protected]