Lynda.com contains a video library of engaging, top-quality courses taught by industry experts.
You can access Lynda.com courses online or offline in your own time and at your own pace.
VU students and staff have free access to Lynda.com, a leading online learning site.
Print, email and share (on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) the certificate of completion for each course that you finish.
Boost your skills to achieve your study, personal or professional goals. Lynda.com offers courses in:
- audio and music
- business and marketing
- communication and career development
- design, 3D animation, CAD
- developer and web
- education and eLearning
- photography and video.
These are just some of the skills you can learn about to help with your studies:
- study skills
- speed reading
- grammar fundamentals
- time management
- managing stress, mindfulness and happiness tips.
- Login to MyVU Portal.
- In the student portal follow the link ‘Lynda.com online videos’ listed under L in the Quick Links alphabetical list.
When you are connected online you can download content on desktop and mobile devices for offline viewing.
Downloading content for offline viewing allows you to keep learning anytime and anywhere.
To get you started, find out How to use Lynda.com.
- Click the “Notebook” tab and take notes while you watch a video.
- Search transcripts for better comprehension or quickly find answers to your questions.
- Bookmark videos and courses for future reference.
- Download exercise files (available for some courses) to follow as you watch the video.
- Use coding practice environments (available for developer courses).
- Add your favourite videos/courses to playlist to customise your learning.