From 1 January 2019, students eligible for Victorian Government-subsidised training won't pay course tuition fees for some Victoria University Polytechnic (VU Polytechnic) courses.
Courses in the Free TAFE for Priority Courses initiative align with skills and jobs that are in demand from Victorian employers.
Free TAFE for Priority Courses is an affordable training pathway in courses that lead to priority occupations and/or a degree through VU Polytechnic.
Training at VU Polytechnic gives you access to our state-of-the-art facilities, including our world-class Sunshine Campus Trades Centre.
Our multi award-winning blended learning model replaces paper-based theory with a combination of face-to-face teaching and user-friendly eLearning you can complete anytime, anywhere.
VU Polytechnic's free TAFE courses for 2019*:
- Certificate IV in Accounting
- Diploma in Accounting
- Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance (delivered as VETiS)
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
- Certificate III in Civil Construction
- Certificate III in Community Services
- Diploma of Community Services
- Certificate IV in Disability
- Certificate IV in Education Support
- Certificate IV in Engineering
- Certificate III in Hospitality (delivered as VETiS)
- Certificate III in Individual Support
- Diploma of Nursing
- Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services
Apprenticeship pathway courses
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology Studies (Pre-vocational) (delivered as VETiS)
- Certificate II in Furniture Making
- Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-apprenticeship)(Delivered as VETiS)
*This list is subject to change and will updated to reflect policy and institution changes.
The Free TAFE for Priority Courses program covers eligible students’ tuition fees for the full course duration. You'll still need to pay for other fees such as student services fees or materials fees.
You may be eligible if you are under 20 years old, or if you are enrolling in a course at a higher-level than you have completed. If you have a higher-level qualification we may still be able to offer you access to the Free TAFE for Priority Courses initiative. Your eligibility will be assessed when you submit your application.
It is important to choose your training carefully because you can only access the initiative once, even if you do not finish your tuition-free priority course.
Call us on 1300 82 33 87