Are you interested in learning about your unique strengths and skills, connecting with industry and exploring how you can develop your career opportunities?
Victoria University (VU) Polytechnic’s Skills and Careers: Your Way program is a free, 6-week program designed to build skills awareness, networks, and a better understanding of career and training opportunities for women looking to get back into the workforce or change their career.
Date: Starts Thursday 21 October 2021
Location: Online via Zoom
Duration: 6 weeks (approximately 15 hours total across 6 weeks)
Women in Australia were among the hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic. Facilitated by VU Polytechnic in partnership with Hume City Council, this 6-week program aims to equip women to prepare for work and training opportunities. Benefits of the program include:
- identify your unique strengths and skills to build confidence
- transferable skills development
- understand career and training opportunities
- build job recruitment knowledge
- networking with industry guests and others with lived experience
- build lasting relationships with like-minded women.
"A great initiative - a sensible and excellent program." - Mikaela Straface, CEO, Women CAN Australia
During the program, you will participate in weekly activities, including:
- connect with industry partners and support services
- non-accredited short courses to help you upskill or reskill
- practical workshops targeted at discovering your unique strengths.
Don’t worry, you won’t be left to your own devices – throughout the program you will be well-equipped with resources to support you and your learning.
Please register for the program via Eventbrite.
As this program is facilitated completely online, you will need access to an internet connected device. For the best experience, we recommend that you use either a computer or tablet during the workshops.
This program is facilitated in English, and participants will need to feel comfortable undertaking a workshop in the English language.