Tradeswomen Australia Community Foundation have partnered with Victoria University Polytechnic to deliver four free workshops to support women into jobs and further training in the Trades industry.
Participants will see a variety of roles in Trades and meet the women that occupy them, develop supportive relationships with peers and a mentor, and be connected to training and job opportunities within the Trade industry.
- Meet your peers, learn about their stories and share your own.
- Learn about resilience in a workplace context.
- Try a Trade! Pick up the tools and give it a go with different businesses.
- Use key skills, such as communication and teamwork, to solve problems that arise in all workplaces, including trades.
- Bust myths and stereotypes around the kinds of women that work in trades.
- Hear from businesses about what they're doing to make their workplaces more inclusive to support and retain women.
- Take your next step with help from the experts at Mas National.
- Practise applying for roles, mock interviews, and perfect your resume.
- Grow in confidence and make a more informed decision about your future!
By participating in the program, you are eligible to be matched to a mentor. We are running mentoring because we know that the program is brief with only four workshops, so the mentoring is designed to complement this.
Your structured mentoring relationship will last for 1 year and will help coach you through your next steps, whatever they may be. After a year, you can decide whether you want to continue. Your mentor will be a woman working in the trades industry, and she will be able to share advice relating to your professional development.
When & where
The workshops will be held at Victoria University Werribee campus on:
- Saturday, 24 April 2021
- Saturday, 8 May 2021
- Saturday, 22 May 2021
- Saturday, 5 June 2021
The workshops run 9am–12pm or 1–4pm.You can choose which time slot you prefer.
Registrations are now open on Eventbrite.