There’s never been a better time to be a woman in trades.
If you love using your hands, solving problems, working in a team and seeing your hard work pay off, learning a trade could be your perfect career move.
At VU Polytechnic, you’ll fit right in with our diverse and inclusive group of students and staff. You’ll develop hands-on skills, learn in state-of-the-art facilities, and build industry connections to lay the foundations of a fantastic career.
Why consider a career in trades?
There are good reasons why more women are joining the skilled trades industry. To name a few:
- you can earn great money
- your skills will always be in high demand
- you can enjoy hands-on, practical work every day
- you can work flexible hours in all different locations
- you’ll have opportunities to run your own business
- you can work anywhere, with a nationally-recognised qualification.
Find your trades course now and get started on an exciting career with VU Polytechnic.
What trades can I do?
VU Polytechnic offers certificate and diploma courses in:
- building and construction
- carpentry and cabinet making
- civil construction
Tips for women in trades
Support & community
As a proud partner of Tradeswomen Australia, we’re committed to empowering women in trades.
When you study with VU Polytechnic, you’ll be part of a passionate community and have access to support and resources to help set you up for success.
Some of the free support services we offer students include:
- apprentice support for help with any challenges during your apprenticeship – in the workplace, training or your personal life.
- learning hubs where you can get advice and guidance and improve your study and employability skills.
- counselling services for confidential mental health support when you need someone to talk to.