Prepare for a rewarding career in community services, mental health, or youth work, with a qualification from Victoria University Polytechnic.
You'll graduate ready to work in organisations with a high demand for qualified workers, including community organisations, drug and alcohol support agencies, government services, or council facilities. For those already working in the sector, we offer courses that will help you progress into leadership positions.
Why choose VU Polytechnic?
VU believes in inclusivity, diversity and opportunity. Our work with local organisations benefits the community, and ensures relevant learning and career networks for our students.
Support services that work for you
We offer scholarships, financial advice, counselling, childcare and more to help you succeed in your studies, no matter your background.
Innovative, flexible and hands-on learning
Our multi-award-winning blended-learning model combines eLearning with in-person training and practical applications.
Join an information session
VU Polytechnic is running a series of information sessions that cover course structure, industry connections, placement opportunities, and pathways to further study.
VU Polytechnic is open for on-campus activity. Our priority is always the safety, health and wellbeing of our students, staff and community.
All community services courses
Next intake date is shown on course pages.
- Course in Identifying and Responding to Family Violence Risk 22510VIC
- Certificate IV in Community Services CHC42015
- Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs CHC43215
- Certificate IV in Mental Health CHC43315
- Diploma of Community Services CHC52015
- Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management CHC62015
Get a taste of our mental health course
- Jason, Diploma of Community Services CHC52015 Jason's story
– Mandy Certificate IV in Mental Health CHC43315 Mandy's story
– Anthony, Diploma of Community Services CHC52015 Anthony's story